The college of Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence at Wenzhou University has begun to recruit foreign students for the major of Computer Science and Technology (hereinafter referred to as CS major) since 2016. At present, the college has sufficient lecturers who had experience of studying in English speaking countries, and therefore all CS major courses are taught in English. There have been three sessions of students, with a total of 60 graduates, all of whom have obtained bachelor's degrees. About half of the graduates are admitted to famous universities around the world to continue their postgraduate education: Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Northwestern Poly-technical University etc. Even during the COVID-19 pandemic era, this major still attracts many foreign students and has a stable source of students.
Introduction of CS major
The main goal of the undergraduate program in CS major is to allow students to systematically learn basic theories, skills and advanced methods in the fields of computer theory, computer programming and software development. This is to train students to apply theories, methods and ideas to software design and software development. Upon completion of the degree, you will develop a deep understanding of computer science theory, which you will develop into skills that can be used for further studies, e.g., a Ph.D. in computer science.
This major requires undergraduate graduates of this major to have the following abilities in four years of study:
1. Be able to understand the basic theories and principles of computer science, and be able to use these theories and principles to solve practical problems.
2. Ability to design and implement systems or parts of systems that meet current economic, social, environmental, and safety needs.
3. Be able to apply the knowledge of computer science and computational logic thinking to actual software development and design.
4.Beable to apply various techniques to solve practical problems, and be able to propose reliable solutions.
5. Be able to apply independent learning ability and logical reasoning ability to the computing field. Be able to understand the current hot research issues.
6. Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with others. And be able to effectively transfer the knowledge and ideas in this field or the profession to people with different backgrounds, and at the same time take full responsibility for my work.
7. Be able to apply profound knowledge to advanced disciplines of computing.
Besides many common courses especially designed for non-Chinese students, CS Department provides 20 main courses in computer field: Math, Linear Algebra, C Programming, Data Structures and Algorithms, Computer Network Operating System, Principles of Database & Applications, Advanced Algorithms; Object Oriented Programming in Java, Multimedia Technologies, Web Application Development, C++ Programming, UML & Software Modeling, Python Programming and Machine Learning, Mobile Development, Software Engineering, Software Testing Techniques, IT Project Management. The college provides professional internships for this major, in addition to the completion of B.Sc. thesis.
Graduates from this major are very popular in the job market. Many graduates have secured positions in the computer industry, commercial and government agencies, such as programmers, systems analysts and computer and network administrators, user support engineers and software development engineers.